WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Review: Scouse Gothic: The Pool of Life... and Death

Scouse Gothic: The Pool of Life... and Death Scouse Gothic: The Pool of Life... and Death by Ian McKinney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review: SCOUSE GOTHIC: THE POOL OF LIFE AND DEATH by Ian McKinney

When I read Vampire Fiction (rarely), I think in terms of the blessings of eternity {books! Time to read whatever I wish, all I wish! and health: no arthritis! No aches and pains and general debility}. I don't think in terms of the issues our protagonist Melville experiences. He, like the proverbial elephant, never forgets, not even after centuries. Also, Melville still has a heart: feelings, emotions, even compassion and empathy. Everywhere he travels or settles, memories arise. Geography, buildings, lives long ended, lost friendships, lost loves.

SCOUSE GOTHIC: THE POOL OF LIFE AND DEATH.... is Book 1 in Ian McKinney' s SCOUSE GOTHIC series, set in Liverpool, England.


No comments:

Post a Comment