WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Review: Lies

Lies Lies by T.M. Logan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: LIES by T. M. Logan

Wow! Wow! Wow! LIES fulfills every hype blurb I've ever read about psychological thrillers, maximally! I couldn't catch my breath; I couldn't stop. Feckless Protagonist Joe Lynch is an unassuming secondary teacher of English literature in a London private academy. He loves his wife and is very devoted to his four-year-old son, William (quite possibly more devoted than William's mother). As often happens, Nice Guys (and the Feckless) don't succeed, and often either life dumps on them or they are viewed as a patsy by the winner-takes-all mentality. For Joe, a combination of these suddenly kicks into play, and Joe finds his personal world topsy-turvy, his reputation a shambles, his career destroyed, his marriage collapsing, and himself under suspicion of murder.

No matter how I tried and twisted possibilities, the denouement was still a knockout punch. What a novel!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment