WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Review: The Silent Girls

The Silent Girls The Silent Girls by Dylan Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE SILENT GIRLS by Dylan Young

I don't think I've ever met a British police procedural I didn't love. THE SILENT GIRLS is certainly no exception. Fast-paced and suspenseful, this mystery is also character-driven, including but not limited to, the female protagonist, Detective Sergeant Anna Gwynne, and the villain-killer adopting the appellation "The Woodsman." The novel also expertly sounds themes of criminal justice, including railroading of suspects in order to close a case, possible corruption in law enforcement, and the dangers of closed-mindedness (in which the truth cannot be discovered because one believes the truth is already known).

THE SILENT GIRLS is engrossing, and I anticipate reading more from this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment