WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Review: The Shuddering

The Shuddering The Shuddering by Ania Ahlborn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Review: THE SHUDDERING by Ania Ahlborn

I enjoy this author's novels, but although I was reading apace during the middle section, this just isn't one of my favourites. Granted, the horror is implacable--a veritable Juggernaut of implacability, inescapability, and sheer stultifying terror. Granted, the setting is probably my absolute favourite: seriously snowbound in high impassable mountains. But I never warmed to the characters, and the creatures didn't interest me. {Hangs head} It may simply be me--my failure to achieve resonance with the characters or plot. For this reason, I gave it a 4.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment