WHO

WHO'S COMING DOWN YOUR CHIMNEY TONIGHT?




Charles Stross, "Overtime"

2018: CTHULHU FOR CHRISTMAS

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Review: The Strange Case at Misty Ridge

The Strange Case at Misty Ridge The Strange Case at Misty Ridge by David Brian
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review: THE STRANGE CASE OF MISTY RIDGE by David Brian

I really enjoyed this paranormal novel, set in Northamptonshire, England. Much of what I liked, I can't specify, for giving away the story. So I shall summarize: Jack Keswick is a very happily married man, childless. In middle age he is badly injured in a roadway accident, and undergoes a out-of-body, near-death experience. Eventually recovering, though in near-constant pain, Jack takes up paranormal investigation. A rural homeowner seeks his investigative help for the seeming hauntings in her cottage which are destroying her marriage and family life. When Jack investigates, the actual facts are beyond shocking. I like Jack as a protagonist because he perseveres, despite circumstances stacked against him; and even though at first his mind isn't open to some of the more outre occurrences and suggestions, nevertheless he is intelligent enough to listen and to consider, not closed to a vaster truth. His continuing character evolution and the paranormal and otherworldly aspects made this a very satisfying story for me.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment